Our first 3 week topic is,
We will be working scientifically by finding out about magnets and forces.
We will be kicking off our new topic with an inspirational starter afternoon. Mrs Booth, a real Scientist, will be coming into our class to do a fantastic Science workshop with us!
As Scientists we will be,
- compare how things move on different surfaces
- notice that some forces need contact between 2 objects, but magnetic forces can act at a distance
- observe how magnets attract or repel each other and attract some materials and not others
- compare and group together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of whether they are attracted to a magnet, and identify some magnetic materials
- describe magnets as having 2 poles
- predict whether 2 magnets will attract or repel each other, depending on which poles are facing