This unit brings together data measurement, analysis
and presentation, as the children take on the role of
meteorologists and weather presenters.
We will cover the following objective:
- Work with variables and various forms of input and output.
- Use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work.
- Use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content.
- Select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals, including collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting data and information.
As computer scientists we will:
- Use search technologies effectively
- Understand different measurement techniques for weather, both analogue and digital
- Use computer-based data logging to automate the recording of some weather data
- Be able to explain simple algorithms
- Use spreadsheets to create charts
- Analyse data, explore inconsistencies in data and make predictions
- Practise using presentation software
In English we will write:
Our class timetable can be found here