Our current topic is …
We will be kicking off our new topic by becoming Vikings and invading the school!
We will cover the following objective:
- The Viking and Anglo-Saxon struggle for the Kingdom of England to the time of Edward the Confessor.
As historians we will investigate:
- Viking raids and invasions
- resistance by Alfred the Great and Athelstan, first king of England
- further Viking invasions and Danegeld
- Anglo-Saxon laws and justice
- Edward the Confessor and his death in 1066
In English we will:
- Write a newspaper article
- Write a recount of Edwards death