The focus for this part of the term is science.
The children will kick start their topic with Mad Science coming in to do a science workshop experimenting with materials.
• To identify and compare the suitability of a variety of everyday materials, including wood, metal, plastic, glass, brick, rock, paper and cardboard for particular uses.
• To find out how the shapes of solid objects made from some materials can be changed by squashing, bending, twisting and stretching..
Working scientifically skills
• To observe closely.
• To perform simple tests.
• To identify and classify.
• To use observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions.
• To gather and record data to help in answering questions.
We will also be making connections in English and reading by looking at the suitability of Traction Man's outfits and designing a new outfit for him for his adventures.
This is a relatively short book so we will also start our next topic book The Great Fire Dogs as pre-learning for our next topic The Great Fire of London.