The focus for this part of the term is science.
The children will kick start their topic with Mad Science coming in to do a science workshop experimenting with materials.
• To identify and compare the suitability of a variety of everyday materials, including wood, metal, plastic, glass, brick, rock, paper and cardboard for particular uses.
• To find out how the shapes of solid objects made from some materials can be changed by squashing, bending, twisting and stretching..
Working scientifically skills
• To observe closely.
• To perform simple tests.
• To identify and classify.
• To use observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions.
• To gather and record data to help in answering questions.
We will also be making connections in English ,reading and re-telling The Three Little pigs, looking at the suitability of their building materials.
As such our class read will be The True Story of The Three Little Pigs’ by John Sciezca.
This is a relatively short book so we will also start our next topic book The Great Fire Dogs as pre-learning for our next topic The Great Fire of London.
Please click on the links for;