The focus for this part of the term is literacy.
The children will kick start their topic by bringing in their favourite Roald Dahl book and doing some Roald Dahl themed activities. Then on the 13.9.19, which is the official Roald Dahl Day,they can dress up as their favourite Roald Dahl character.
• Identify and discuss story beginnings.
• Recognise common features of books by the same author.
• Discuss stories read, form own opinions and write a book review.
• Identify and discuss characters and story events.
• Make predictions about what will happen in a story.
• Use role-play to interpret their story ideas.
• Write sentences using time connectives.
• Use appropriate turn taking techniques as discussing and planning a drama.
• Plan a story, using different techniques to record their ideas.
• Create own story characters.
• Write the opening part of their story.
• Write an extended story using appropriate story language.
• Use story plans to support writing.
• Use capital letters appropriately.
• Complete their story by writing a good ending.
• Check writing makes sense, also check punctuation.
• Review & edit their work with support, and make appropriate changes where necessary.
• Present work appropriately.
We will also be making connections:
Geography – name and locate the 7 continents
History –The life of a significant individual - timeline of the books written by Roald Dahl