We will begin our topic with an inspirational starter day where we will create our own musical compositions.
As scientists we will:
- identify how sounds are made, associating some of them with something vibrating
- recognise that vibrations from sounds travel through a medium to the ear
- find patterns between the pitch of a sound and features of the object that produced it
- find patterns between the volume of a sound and the strength of the vibrations that produced it
- recognise that sounds get fainter as the distance from the sound source increases
As computer scientists we will:
- select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) to create our own musical compositions
- use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of input and output
- understand computer networks including the internet; how they can provide multiple services, such as the world wide web; and the opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration
Our current class book is...
by Susan Hood