Summer Topic 1-
Our first topic of the summer term is Rivers.
We will be covering the following National Curriculum Geography objectives:
- locate the world’s countries, using maps to focus on Europe (including the location of Russia) and South America
- key topographical features (coasts and rivers)
- understand geographical similarities and differences through the study of human and physical geography of a region of the United Kingdom, a region in a European country, and a region in North or South America
Human and physical geography
-describe and understand key aspects of:
- physical geography, including: rivers and the water cycle
Geographical skills and fieldwork
- use maps, atlases, globes and digital/computer mapping to locate countries and describe features studied
- 6-figure grid references
- use fieldwork to observe, measure record and present the human and physical features in the local area using a range of methods, including sketch maps and graphs
Our next Read to Write Unit uses the Vehicle Text Manfish by Jennifer Berne. We will use this text to write a Invention Narrative and a biography. We will also be starting our new class text Itch by Simon Mayo.