We will be covering the following objectives:
- Locate the world’s countries, using maps to focus on Europe (including the location of Russia) and South America
- Locate key topographical features - coasts and rivers in the UK and the world.
- Understand geographical similarities and differences through the study of the Thames, the Rhine and the Amazon.
Human and physical geography
- Describe and understand key aspects of rivers and the water cycle.
Geographical skills and fieldwork
- use maps, atlases, globes and digital/computer mapping to locate countries and describe rivers and coasts.
- 4-figure grid references
- use fieldwork to observe, measure record and present the human and physical features in the local area using a range of methods, including sketch maps and graphs.