Class 4's Topic Page
Summer Term - Topic 5
Our new topic is...
Repetition in Games
During this computing topic, we will be learning all using repetition loops to create games on Scratch.
As computer scientists we will:
- Design, write, and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
- Use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of input and output
- Use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work, and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs
- Select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals, including collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting data and information
Our current class book is...
by Simon Mayo
We will be continuing our writing unit based on the book 'The Whale' by Ethan and Vita Murrow. We will be writing a newspaper article.
Our maths work this term will follow the White Rose scheme of learning, we will be looking at the properties of shape and position and direction.
To help develop children’s fluency in mathematics, we also ask each child to learn Key Instant Recall Facts each half term. We expect children to practise their KIRFs as part of their homework. Please work on the KIRFs for Summer 2.
Our P.E days are Monday and Thursday. On PE days, children will be expected to come to school in their PE kits.
Homework is set every Friday and should be completed by the following Monday. This will include:
- A weekly assignment on spelling shed.
- A task linked to our current topic in their homework books.
Additonal weekly homework:
- Daily times table practice on TTRockstars
- Completing a nugget on Century Tech from their recommended pathway.
- Reading at least three times a week.
Children's log in details can be found in their homework books.
Year 3/4 statutory spellings: Our Year 3/4 Spelling List