Class 4's Topic Page
Summer Term - Topic 2
Our new topic is...
Animals, including humans
During Sports Week, we will be learning all about the digestive system and our teeth.
As scientists we will:
- describe the simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans
- identify the different types of teeth in humans and their simple functions
- construct and interpret a variety of food chains, identifying producers, predators and prey
We will be continuing with our writing unit based on the book 'Manfish' by Jennifer Berne. We will be writing an invention narrative and a biography.
Our maths work this term will follow the White Rose scheme of learning, we will be looking at decimals and money.
To help develop children’s fluency in mathematics, we also ask each child to learn Key Instant Recall Facts each half term. We expect children to practise their KIRFs as part of their homework. Please work on the KIRFs for Summer 1.
During Sports Week, the children will need to come to school in their P.E kit every day.
The children will be swimming each day Monday - Thursday so will need to bring their swimming kit with them to school.
Homework is set every Friday and should be completed by the following Monday. This will include:
- A weekly assignment on spelling shed.
- A task linked to our current topic in their homework books.
Additonal weekly homework:
- Daily times table practice on TTRockstars
- Completing a nugget on Century Tech from their recommended pathway.
- Reading at least three times a week.
Children's log in details can be found in their homework books.
Year 3/4 statutory spellings: Our Year 3/4 Spelling List